The article: The Slow Death of Spontaneous Generation (1668-1859) can be found at the following link.
Additional information can be found at the following link.
In class we read the article and looked for Claims and Evidence
– Highlight or underline “Claims” the author is making or describing. Mark them “C”
– Highlight or underline “Evidence” the author describes to support the claims. Mark them “E.”
• On a separate sheet of paper with your full heading on it – Copy and answer the following:
- What is the author’s main claim about spontaneous generation?
- What evidence does the author provide to support that claim?
- What was Redi’s claim?
- What evidence did Redi use to support his claim?
- What was Needham’s claim? (You need to make an inference on this one.)
- What evidence did Needham use to support his claim?
- What was Spallanzani’s claim?
- What evidence did Spallanzani use to support his claim?
Post a Comment