Bacteria Wanted Poster Assignment:
1. Use the internet to find out what you can about one type of bacteria.
2. Give it a nickname or AKA that tells us something about it.
3. Write its "M.O." - what the police call its way of acting on the body... how does it do its thing?
4. Write 3 reasons it is either good for people or bad for people.
5. Draw one or more pictures of the bacteria
6. Draw a picture of where the bacteria can be found or what it does to people.
Some bacteria to research and then pick one:
· Escherichia coli (e-coli)
· Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA)
· Treponema pallidum (Syphilis)
· Lactobacillus (good guy)
· Bacillus anthracis (Anthrax)
· Bordetella pertussis (whooping cough)
· Streptococcus pyogenes (strep throat and in extreme cases flesh eating bacteria aka necrotizing fasciitis)
· Or you can find another bacterium that affects people
- NO cutting and pasting from the web. All text must be in your words. At least two images must be drawn, then you may add additional images which you print out if you like.
- Keep track of your sources and write them on the back of your poster – full url’s
- Start poster in pencil, but add color using colored pencils, crayons or markers
- e-mail me with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Some places to look, but you may find your own sources as well.
Post a Comment